Information for filing to receive master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and ‘IBHE’ (degree-level) certificates
If you intend to complete a master’s or doctoral degree, or an IBHE or campus certificate by the end of Spring 2020, please read the following.
Information for filing to receive master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and “IBHE” (degree-level) certificates:
- The deadline to file your Intent to Graduate for master’s and doctoral degrees, and IBHE certificates for the Spring 2020 term is Friday, January 31, 2020, 11PM CST.
- If you miss this deadline you will have to file to receive your degree for a future term.
- For further information and link to file your Intent to Graduate see https://grad.uic.edu/academic-support/graduation-information.
- If you have lost access to your netid due to non-registration, follow the instructions for submission after loss of netid at the url above.
- If you already filed your Intent to Graduate for Spring 2020, it is on record, and you should not contact the Graduate College.
- Instructions for verifying it was submitted are also at the url above.
- A list of IBHE certificates is at http://catalog.uic.edu/gcat/degree-programs/ibhe-cert-programs.
- Students who graduate Spring 2020 would attend the May Commencement ceremony. Information is available at http://commencement.uic.edu.
- The deadline to submit the defended and final version of you master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation to the Graduate College (http://grad.uic.edu/thesis) is Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Committee Recommendation forms (http://grad.uic.edu/graduate-student-forms#committees) must be submitted to the Graduate College at least three (3) weeks before the defense date.
Information for filing to receive “campus” (non-degree) certificates:
- The deadline to file your intent to complete a campus certificate is Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:59pm CST. If you miss this deadline you will have to file for a future term.
- See https://registrar.uic.edu/student_records/certificates/ for the link to submit your Intent to Complete a campus certificate.
- A list of campus certificates is at http://catalog.uic.edu/gcat/colleges-schools/addl-opps/.