UIC Mechanical and Industrial Engineering's Industrial Advisory Board serves as a bridge between the department and industry. Established in 2001, the board is composed of outstanding professionals who represent a broad range of industrial firms.
Professor Sabri Cetin, the board’s faculty coordinator, works with Department Head Farzad Mashayek to facilitate the board’s role in shaping the way in which UIC educates future mechanical and industrial engineers. In general, board members offer insight from industry that enhances the undergraduate program, and they provide points of connection between students and faculty and the professional engineering community.
- Said Al-Hallaj, PhD, Co-Founder and Chairman/CEO, AllCell Technologies
- Peyman Davoudabadi, PhD, Principal Engineer, ANSYS
- Christina Martini, Partner, McDermott, Will, & Emery
- Brad Mueller, Executive Vice President, Briggs Corporation
- Majid Naghshineh, PhD, Director of Engineering, Hubbell Lighting Components
- Melinda A. Riddick, MWL Engineering Manager, Caterpillar Inc.
- Rudi Schick, Chief Science Officer, Spraying Systems Co.
- David Smith, PhD, Associate Professor, College of DuPage
- Michel Thenin, Spraying Systems Co.