UIC Mechanical and Industrial Engineering's Industrial Advisory Board serves as a bridge between the department and industry. Established in 2001, the board is composed of outstanding professionals who represent a broad range of industrial firms.
Professor Sabri Cetin, the board’s faculty coordinator, works with Department Head Houshang Darabi to facilitate the board’s role in shaping the way in which UIC educates future mechanical and industrial engineers. In general, board members offer insight from industry that enhances the undergraduate program, and they provide points of connection between students and faculty and the professional engineering community.
photo block Heading link
Industry Members Heading link
- Said Al-Hallaj, PhD, Co-Founder and Chairman/CEO, AllCell Technologies
- Peyman Davoudabadi, PhD, Principal Engineer, ANSYS
- Keith Garstecki, Deloitte Consulting
- Charles Lipp, Owner, Lake Innovation, LLC
- Christina Martini, Partner, McDermott, Will, & Emery
- Brad Mueller, President, HealthSmart
- Majid Naghshineh, PhD, Director of Engineering, Hubbell Lighting Components
- Melinda A. Riddick, MWL Engineering Manager, Caterpillar Inc.
- Rudi Schick, Chief Science Officer, Spraying Systems Co.
- David Smith, PhD, Associate Professor, College of DuPage
- Michel Thenin, President, Fluid Air and Spraying Systems Co.
- Julianna Wokura, Data Manager and Senior Associate, The Chartis Group