Hadis Anahideh, Ph.D.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Building & Room:
842 W. Taylor Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607
Dr. Anahideh’s research objectives center around Black-box Optimization, Active Learning, Machine Learning, and Algorithmic Fairness. She primarily seeks to develop innovative learning and optimization methodologies, which have potential utility for multiple fields within the engineering operations and design, and social systems. Anahideh recently joined UIC and teaches Data Science I and II. Prior to joining UIC, she worked in the Operations Research and Advanced Analytics Department at American Airlines as an OR scientist. Viewing research as teamwork, Dr. Anahideh firmly believes the power of developing meaningful relationships with whom she works is critical to successful learning and research.
- Hadis Anahideh, Abolfazl Asudeh, Saravanan Thirumuruganathan. (2022). Fair Active Learning. Expert Systems With Applications.
- Nazanin Nezami, Hadis Anahideh. (2022). An Empirical Review Of Model-based Adaptive Sampling For Global Optimization Of Expensive Black-Box Functions. Winter Simulation 2022.
- Hadis Anahideh, Jay M. Rosenberger, Victoria C. P. Chen. (2021). High-dimensional Black-box Optimization Under Uncertainty. Computers and Operations Research.
- Hadis Anahideh, Lulu Kang, Nazanin Nezami. (2021). Fair and Diverse Allocation of Scarce Resources. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences.
- Frantishek Akulich, Hadis Anahideh, Manaf Sheyyab, Dhananjay Ambre. (2022). Explainable Predictive Modeling for Limited Spectral Data. Chemometrics and intelligent laboratory systems.
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington, 2018
M.S. Industrial Engineering
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2012
B.S., Applied Mathematics
Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2009