Erica Jung, PhD
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Building & Room:
Office: 2043 ERF Lab Location: 1032 ERF
2039 ERF, 842 W. Taylor Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607
Office Phone Voice:
Dr. Jung’s research interests are in the development of mechanical testing and imaging platforms for investigating physical properties of small organisms (e.g. zebrafish larvae and C.elegans) to solve problems in biology and medicine. Dr. Jung is particularly interested in applying micro- and nanotechnologies (e.g. microfluidics) to address questions in neuroscience.
- Piatkevich, K.D.*, Jung, E.E.*, Straub, C., Linghu, C., Park, D., Suk, H., et al. “A robotic multidimensional directed evolution of proteins: development and application to fluorescent voltage reporters”, Nature Chemical Biology, 352–360 (2018), *equal contribution.
- Chang, JB, Chen, F., Yoon YG, Jung, E.E., Babcock, H., Kang, JS, Asano, S., Suk H., Pak, N., Tillberg, P.W., Wassie A., Cai, D., Boyden, E.S. “Iterative expansion microscopy”, Nature Methods, 14:593-599, (2017).
- Barykina NV, Subach OM, Piatkevich KD, Jung E.E., Malyshev AY, et al. “Green fluorescent genetically encoded calcium indicator based on calmodulin/M13-peptide from fungi”. PLOS ONE 12(8), (2017)
- Jain A., Voulis N., Jung E. E., Doud D. F. R., Miller W., Angenent L. T. and Erickson D. “Optimal intensity and biomass density for biofuel production in a thin light-path photobioreactor”. Environmental Science & Technology, 49(10), 6327-6334 (2015)
- Jung, E.E., Jain, A., Voulis, N., Doud, D.D.R., Angenent, L.T., Erickson, D. “Stacked optical waveguide photobioreactor for high density algal cultures” Bioresource Technology, 171, 495-499 (2014)
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Cornell University, 2013
M.S., Mechanical Engineering
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), 2008
B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea, 2006